As an innovative company, we are not standing still – we are focusing on future-oriented technologies.
We believe that the field of rapid prototyping provides us with the proper approach to further develop our products. Thanks to our 3D sintering plant, we have not only been able to continuously improve our products since the start of 2015, but we also want to pass this added value on to our customers.
What is rapid prototyping? A brief explanation
Selective laser sintering, SLS in short, which is also referred to as 3D printing, is part of the group of additive production processes. In a constantly repeating process, plastic powder is applied one layer at a time, melted by a laser and thereby sintered. Not only prototypes can be generated in this way but predominantly also fully functioning components.
„As production service provider, we are using the 3D laser sinter to be able to provide our customers with the most innovative, future-oriented technology.“ – Martin Limberger
The advantages that rapid prototyping offers you
- Effortless integration of functional elements
- Such as hinges, springs or threads.
- Geometries can be designed with no limits
- No expensive tools are required
- Adaptation of components to customer specifications, which is particularly beneficial for short product life cycles
- Very short time to market
- Small lot sizes can be produced efficiently
Why WMS is your service provider
- Quick implementation of test setups for research purposes, as well as the implementation of customer orders
- Our own production of highly complex gripping structures and extensive component holding fixtures
- Expert consulting and production of polyamide (PA) prototypes
- Workpiece dimensions: 200mm x 250 mm x 330 mm
- Further processing using state-of-the-art 5-axis production machines
- Dyeing of completed components in (currently) 5 defined colours + white
We will gladly explain the details of laser sintering in a one-to-one conversation.
Herr Limberger is available as your competent point of contact.